Top 25 songs to walk down the aisle to
The day, the moment and the hour has arrived on your very special day. Your guests are seated and your fiancé is eagerly awaiting you at the end of the aisle! The music starts and you make your grand entrance…. But what song will it be?
Seven years on and this would still have to be my favourite moment of the day. I love the energy in the air in those special moments before the music is played and the bride enters the room. It’s the combination of the deep breath taken by the bride, the adoring eyes of the person standing beside her and the goosebumps I feel when the first few cords are played! I get goosebumps just writing about it.
So who are you? Are you a traditionalist, someone getting married in a church or outdoors, or do you want something fresh and modern to walk down the aisle too? If you are looking at having a more traditional wedding in a church and you don’t want the traditional “Here comes the Bride” (Wagner’s, “Bridal Chorus”) or something classical you will need to contact your Priest, Pastor or other officient to get confirmation that this will be ok.
Regardless of what song you choose, the most important thing is to make sure it feels right to you. It is your wedding day and there are plenty of beautiful options to choose from. Here are some of our favourites for you to consider.
I first wrote this list in 2012 so here are a few of new songs
- A thousand years – by Cristina Perri
- All of Me – John Legend
- Lay me Down – by Sam Smith
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Somewhere only we know – Lily Allen
- Your song – cover by Ellie Goulding
- Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
- You are the reason – Calum Scott
and some of our old time favourites
- At Last – Etta James
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight – Elton John
- Canon in D – Johann Pachelbel
- Can’t Help Falling in Love With You – Elvis Presley
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
- From This Moment On – Shania Twain
- Have I Told You Lately – Van Morrison
- I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing – Aerosmith
- I’m yours – Jason Mraz
- Kissing you – Des’ree
- Marry Me – Train
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- Unforgettable – Natalie Cole with Nat King Cole
- Wedding March – The Marriage of Figaro, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- You’re Beautiful – James Blunt
Is your song on our list?